Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lemon Tahini Salad Dressing


As promised, here is the salad dressing I made for the Raw Food Dinner I had with James and friends. My goal was to mimic the salad dressing from WOW (as usual...).

I had a pretty decent start, since I asked my server once what was in their salad dressing. Unfortunately, the only ingredients he could remember were celery and olive oil, though I was pretty sure there was lemon in it too. To fill in the gaps, I searched one of my favourite food blogs, Rawmazing, and used her Maple Tahini Dressing as a base recipe.

I eat this dressing everyday, on spring mix lettuces with shredded carrots and parsnips. Yummm...



Lemon Tahini Salad Dressing

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup (125 grams) tahini
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 5 celery stalks
  • 3 Tbs (60 grams) honey
  • 1 lemon, juice and zest
  • 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
Instructions:

1. Toss everything in a food processor and process until smooth. Taste now and adjust to suit your tastes (sometimes I add more honey or celery)

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I am really in love with using celery in everything I cook right now. It is weird, as I never used to like it at all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...