Saturday, September 24, 2011

School Pictures: Sweet Dough Cinnamon Buns & Wafer Cookies

Here's what I made at school yesterday:


More cinnamon and sugar related dough making. These were yeast risen cinnamon buns. The recipe's sugar content is through the roof, so dad was happy. Mom says she prefers my less sweet version...let's assume she's not lying.


I got to practice piping skills with these wafer cookies—you pipe the cookie batter onto the sheet to bake, and then pipe a strip of chocolate to hold the two wafers together. The chocolate on top is just kind of squirted on through a cone made of parchment paper. My piping skills are pretty lacking, but the cookies were still fun to make.

An edible baked good is coming, I swear...I just can't resist documenting my school learning/taking the chance to practice with my camera.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like looking at food pictures is one of my favorite things! Soo pretty. I've always wanted to know how to properly pipe baked goods. How nice that you get to learn all of these things!
    I also really liked your cinnamon rolls from a few months ago, and am now really hungry for one...

    Do you find yourself sad that you can't eat these things, or are you just happy to make and look at them? Haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...