Friday, October 7, 2011

Out and About & More School Pictures: Danish Coffee Cake with Hazelnut Filling

It's been beautiful outside lately. Every time I look out the window, I feel a pang of guilt for not being outside. So, I took my camera for a walk. I hope you don't mind if I post a couple of the pictures—they have nothing to do with food.








In class today, we made coffee cakes, which were apparently delicious. The pictured cake has hazelnut filling, but the one I dropped off for my mom's co-workers was almond paste filled. I love when we get to...enhance...or decorate our work, like braiding this cake. It looks so pretty and makes me feel creative...plus, I feel like I'm learning a practical new skill. Especially since my dough handling skills leave something to be desired, I like the practice.


We also made date turnovers, but they looked and smelled...unappealing, so I left those behind.

4 comments:

  1. this looks just like the Nuss bread (hazelnut almond donutty-like pastry bread) I had in Germany. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks delicious.

    Those pictures make me homesick! Did you just take them on your property or did you go over to the conservation area? You are getting really good with your camera, Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The filling smelt especially delicious...

    Thanks! I started off just around my house, but I went down Forced road and Tweed park.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are so pretty! I espescially like the first and fourth ones! I thought I was looking into an aquarium at first, haha. And that cake looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...