Friday, January 27, 2012

Black Sesame Seed Crackers


Hmmm...I really haven't much to say. Things have been fairly normal, though tiring, these days. Mostly, I am sick of driving in this horrible winter weather...I am so exhausted at the end of my days, from a day full of baking, and the stressful commute, that I haven't accomplished much lately. Realizing it's time for bed, and I've sat in the same chair for the last 4 hours, is wholly depressing.



However, on one of my more productive days, I made these Black Sesame Seed Crackers. Originally a recipe from my Christmas party, these crackers were so delicious and popular that I decided to make them again. My mom is in love with them, and so am I.


They have a very interesting flavour, which I struggled to describe...very seedy...and a bit sweet. I am happy with the significant amount of seeds in them, as opposed to entirely flour based crackers. I am trying to lean towards recipes with healthful significance beyond simply being without refined sugars. They are great to eat plain, with a savoury dip, like hummus, or, according to my mom, dipped in honey.


Notes on Black Sesame Seed Crackers:

  • I used honey
  • I used coarse sea salt
  • I really didn't grind my seeds too thoroughly...
  • I used a 1½  inch fluted cookie cutter and rolled them very thin. It made nearly 100 crackers
  • Seeds:
    • pumpkin
    • golden flax
    • flax
    • chia
    • sesame
  • A note of caution: if you decide to use a cookie cutter, as I did, it takes a significant amount of time to roll the dough out, especially so very thin—however, rolling and rolling can be very meditative.

8 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely delicious. Would love for you to share your gorgeous pictures with us at foodepix.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fan of thin and crispy crackers, I would love to try this out. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually am too impatient to roll out my cookies as thin as yours, but i sure am a fan of such moreish crackers. I'm definitely trying this out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This could liven up our breakfast! Thank you! 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Non-hybrid seeds and Open-Pollinated seeds are also known by the term survival seeds.vladimir vrbaski republika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. vladimir vrbaski republika

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. https://blackfridaygeeks.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing a great job. Now we are sharing with you all the Tresurebox store products which you will be buy online in a single click. Garden shed nz online in a single click,

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...