Friday, January 14, 2011

Ooh! Ice Cream!


The banana ice cream recipe became very popular in my home. The first batch was gone within a few hours, so I was encouraged to make more.

The next time my mom and I went grocery shopping, we picked up two huge bundles of bananas from those shelves full of fruit about to go bad. I asked her to cut up and freeze some of the bananas so I could use it the next day...this is what I found:


At first I laughed, thinking about how much my mom must have liked the ice cream to cut up so much banana...then I cried, as I tried to pry the bananas apart. I ultimately resorted to a hammer to break some off. The first time I made this recipe, I froze the bananas in a neat, single layer...much easier.


Carob Powder & Peanut Butter


As you can see, someone got to this batch before I had a chance to take a picture.
This time I added carob powder...nothing too crazy. Carob is naturally sweeter than cocoa; I find I don't really have to add extra sweetener to compensate...plus, it tastes delicious! I probably added between 3-5 Tbs of the carob powder, but I just tasted as I went to get it the way I like.


Maple Walnut


The suggestion for this flavour came from my dad. I thought that was a pretty good idea. I added 1/2 a cup of walnuts and 1/2 a cup of maple syrup to maybe...4 cups of frozen banana coins. This is a rough guess about the bananas, but it's simple to adjust to your tastes.


In case it's not obvious...it was delicious. I think this recipe if fool proof.

3 comments:

  1. This looks so good!I want to try some right away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Your pictures are really nice! I espescially like the first and third ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the recipes I want to try require bananas, so I have to wait to try them! This one especially looks DELICIOUS. I think when I make this I will make the maple walnut.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...