Saturday, September 28, 2013

Unlimited Juice Party


I always like experimenting with my diet and seeing how it effects me. I was in Toronto for a few days last week and I thought it would be a fun try my first juice cleanse. I've always been curious about them, though a bit skeptical.

As I am both juicer-less and lazy, I decided to splurge on a prepared juice cleanse from my favourite raw restaurant in Toronto—Live Food Bar. I was already familiar with their juices and love them, so I kind of thought the cleanse would feel like a treat...an off-the-hook, unlimited juice party.

I committed to three days of nothing but juice, drinking 6 juices a day (delicious) in addition to a morning elixir (gross). I cheated once and bought an extra juice...I also drank my fair share of coconut water, but aside from that, I stuck it out.

Physically, I really didn't feel...much. Actually, I was surprised because I was rarely hungry. I never felt full, but there weren't any "my stomach is eating itself" hunger pains. I felt light and fairly normal, though a bit tired. I was also fairly emotional during the cleanse, but some of these symptoms could easily be attributed to external events. Oh, and I also had to pee all the time.

The mental component of the cleanse was most difficult...knowing I couldn't eat anything made me obsessed with wanting to eat something. I don't think the urge would have been so prominent if I had not been visiting Toronto, where I have a kitchen and access to my favourite restaurants. Had I done the cleanse back in Muskoka, I think I would have been ok, as I don't cook or eat out much. Juice would have been a welcome change to salad.

Post-cleanse, I feel good. Really good, actually. Kind of like I'm re-set. Nothing major, just a general good feeling. I'd do it again...during a calmer time in my life, and perhaps for a longer period of time. I'd like to see if anything becomes more marked as time goes on, though I don't know if I could make it a full week. I love food.

4 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to do one but I also don't have a juicer and prepared juices are so expensive. Maybe now that I'm making a real salary I'll do it! Off the hooooook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also always been curious about them. I feel like I'd cave so easily though, haha. Its nice to hear that you were happy with the results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you looking for the best kronic vape juice online? Then you can visit the Flight AMS website. Because they are the best provider of kronic vape juice at a low cost. The quality of their vape juice is so high.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...