Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pineapple Fennel Juice


So much seems to happen between updates these days! 

-I'll start with the most exciting—I'm an aunt! We welcomed Briar (my name suggestion!) and Rayah into our family at the end of March, and I finally got to meet them this passed week.

-I ended my contract with the ski hill bakery once the season was complete. Running the bakery was a great experience, and one I'd unlikely have been given in any other circumstance, but the ski hill lifestyle was just not for me.

-I'm between jobs, so I'm back in Ontario for a few weeks to visit friend & family.

-The next step is Nelson, BC, and I'm super excited.

Now onto the sweet, sweet juice...


If this juice wasn't so delicious, I would never make it. Pineapple is the most annoying fruit to juice—it clogs up my juicer, and needs to be strained a second time to remove all the pulp. But the juice...is just so good. So I alternate between hard and soft fruit, pump the plunger, and it's always worth it.


This recipe makes a substantial amount of juice, because I like to juice the entire pineapple in one session. Also, this is my favourite juice, so I can drink a lot of it.



 


Pineapple Fennel Juice
(makes over 1L of juice; inspired by Live Food Bar)

Ingredients
  • 1 pineapple, medium sized, peeled
  • 1 green apple
  • 4-5 stalks celery
  • 2 small lemons 
  • 1/4 bulb fennel 
  • water (see note)
Instructions

1. Process ingredients through juicer, alternating hard and soft fruit. 
2. Strain and refrigerate in a sealed container.

Note: This juice is very sweet, so I sometimes water down my portions to suit my tastes.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations Beth, on everything! I love the photo of the babies. We should hang out if you're in the area at all. I'd love to catch up! Te juice also looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fennel and apple make a lovely juice, but your recipe sounds even better! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Products containing only CBD are non-intoxicating, unlike THC-rich products which cause the high commonly associated with cannabis.  https://royalcbd.com/faq/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish for the great of success in all of our destiny endeavors

    ReplyDelete
  5. The team has become a trusted vendor thanks to their high-quality work why not try this out about, flexibility, transparency, and communication.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dreyer Group can be an independent mortgage loan officer firm that shops your mortgage to major banks and trust companies across Canada to make sure your get the most effective mortgage at the lowest rate. canadian mortgage calculator Depending around the home's value, the proportion ranges from 0. canada mortgage calculator

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you ever so for you blog article. Thanks Again. Cool.
    pineapple tart singapore

    ReplyDelete
  8. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. https://k3msoider.wixsite.com/website

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...