Monday, June 4, 2012

June Garden






My spinach is bolting already, which is too bad, but not entirely, as I have plenty of potted bell pepper seedlings waiting for the spinach's spot in the garden.

My carrots and beets are growing fairly well, despite having their seeds repeatedly re-arranged by Tilly's digging. I have two layers of fence, and thick string strung between the posts, but she still gets in.

Aside from Tilly, my biggest pest has been the leafminer. Picking the infected leaves and squashing the pests manually seems to control the problem, though.


2 comments:

  1. Tilly is always sabotaging you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you can definitely tell she was just about to start digging again in that picture. I need to try growing some carrots...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...