Thursday, April 14, 2011

Strawberry Sorbet



No, I am not done my essay on The Canterbury Tales.

Yes, I am procrastinating.

I have a surplus of frozen strawberries from when they were on sale for a $1 per package. I move out on Saturday and don't think they'd make the 6 hour drive back home...I had no idea what to do with the two freezer bags full of strawberries

If you could food process bananas into ice cream...maybe strawberries would do something just as good?

I wouldn't say they are just as good, but they're really good.

I also still have a bunch of zested lemons from previous recipes, and a lime from when James was doing some cooking. So, I made two batches, and used the lime in one and the lemon in another...the lemon was better.

Strawberry Sorbet

Ingredients:

  • 200 grams frozen strawberries (mine were quartered)
  • 10 grams maple syrup (increase to suit your tastes/tartness of the berries)
  • juice of one lemon or lime
  • pinch of sea salt (optional)
  • splash of vanilla (optional)

Instructions:

1. Put everything in a food processor and process until smooth. It will form a grainy meal at first, but have faith; it smooths out and turns into something sherbet-like in texture.


That's it. So many of my food problems are solved with this recipe. 

1 comment:

  1. What delicious looking summery food!! I want summer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...